Community AmenitiesGolf Courses and Clubhouse
Golfing members enjoy two traditional style walkable golf courses that are grass tee to green.
Golf courses provide 200 acres of green space for the community.
Recently renovated Clubhouse is the social center of the community for everyone who lives here.
- Box Bar Grille and Patio
- Pioneer Room for private dinners
- Pub and Pub Patio
- Sundance Room for banquets, parties, lectures, concerts…
- Professionally Staffed Golf Shop
Community Center, Sports Complex, and PoolThe Community Center is designed for our active community.
- Well-equipped Fitness Center with state-of-the-art equipment and personal trainers
- Breaking ground for a new 2500 square foot fitness center in 2021
- Massage Room and therapists
- Table tennis and billiards
- Well-lighted Art Studio with trained experienced instructors
- Large multi-purpose rooms for exercise classes, bridge, mahjongg, bake sales, art shows, ballroom dance lessons, and more
- Meeting rooms
- Community Library
- Wireless internet throughout
Resort-style heated pool with spa and sun deck
Community ChurchHaving a beautiful church with an active congregation is unique among active adult communities. The Community Church of the Verdes, a multi-denominational protestant church, is a welcoming place for members and visitors. The pastor lives right here in Rio Verde and is always available. Members gather for weekly services, social events, lectures, support groups, concerts and Bible study. The church is known for its superb music program. www.verdefaith.org
St. Dominic Mission Rio Verde welcomes Christians and those who seek to connect to Christianity in the Rio Verde area. Weekly Catholic services are held at the Community Church of the Verdes.
Medical ServicesThe Rio Verde Fire Department is located in the community, with full emergency medical services and an on-site ambulance.
The average response time to an emergency is 3 minutes and 43 seconds. Rio Verde is also supported by an EMS helicopter for critical emergencies. Rio Verde is about 25 minutes from Mayo Clinic and 27 minutes from Honor Health, Scottsdale Thompson Peak.
VerdeCares Inc, a nonprofit Arizona corporation located in Rio Verde, provides non medical care and assistance for community residents of the lower Verde Valley.
Post OfficeRio Verde’s friendly, small-town feel comes to life at the post office. People come in their golf carts, on foot, by bike or by car. Each home has its own post office box, so a daily trip to pick up the mail is a chance to meet friends and learn about current events. The Rio Verde post office is full service with its own ZIP Code.
Nearby AmenitiesRio Verdes location provides access to the wealth of shopping, restaurant, sports and cultural opportunities in metropolitan Phoenix.
- Cultural and Entertainment Venues: Heard Museum, Musical Instrument Museum, Desert Botanical Gardens, Arizona State University, Arizona Theater, Phoenix Theater, Phoenix Symphony, Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Arizona Opera, ASU Gammage…
- Professional Sports and Events: Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Coyotes, ASU sporting events, Waste Management Phoenix Open, Cactus League spring baseball….