Director of Food & Beverage
|Position:||Director of Food and Beverage|
|Job Category:||Food & Beverage|
Rio Verde Country Club in Rio Verde, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Director of Food and Beverage. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Directs and oversees all food and beverage facets
• 51% of each day is to be dedicated to management and supervisory duties
• Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments (i.e., catering, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, purchasing and stewards)
• Prepares and monitors annual budget, revenue goals and the expenses for the Food and Beverage department as well as generating various (weekly, monthly etc.) business volume forecasts and planning accordingly
• Reviews and analyzes various financial and data results/reports to monitor overall Food and Beverage performance and take any corrective actions that may be needed
• Monitors market conditions that impact menu offerings, business volume, and profitability
• Executes inventory control and calculation for monthly analysis and reconciliation. Identifies opportunities to control food costs and other expenses and act accordingly
• Participates with the Chef, Food and Beverage Managers and Catering Managers in the creation of menus to entice a variety of outlets including restaurant and banquets while incorporating a menu pricing structure that will support the bottom line goals
• Directs ordering amounts (par levels), timing of orders, receiving, invoice settlement and accuracy, storage temperatures in all areas
• Continually researches vendor opportunities, pricing, service, and evaluates vendor relationships to the benefit of the facility
• Approves catering policies, contracts and pricing; oversee planning, execution and closure of events
• Implements policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department including compliance of company, federal, state and local standards and laws relating to quality of products and services
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, Restaurant Manager, Catering Manager, Executive Chef.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; two or more years related to experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experiene
• Food Safety and Applicable Sanitation Training, Alcohol Awareness Training
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
● Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job
● Working knowledge of wine, spirits and regional cuisines
● Demonstrates Leadership ability including skills to communicate and express ideas and directives clearly to associates
● Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills
● Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills to ensure a quick response to client needs.
● High level of active listening skills and strong client service skills which includes the ability to resolve issues/complaints with tact and diplomacy
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Professional and courteous demeanor
● Ability to create high performance teams and to be a strong team player
● Demonstrate a strong commitment to company values
● Organizational development abilities with a strong focus on individual and team advancement
● Computer proficiency in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
● Ability to maintain effective financial accountability to the company and to the ownership
● Complete and comprehensive understanding of the physical infrastructure, food and beverage controls and financial back office systems of a hospitality/food service environment
● Working knowledge of food and beverage service equipment and current trends.
● Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the organization to Troon employees, clients and vendors